Fashion for weddings focuses on the dress. Nowadays it is extremely democratic. Everything is in vogue and everything is allowed: dresses with bouffant, ruffle skirts as well as tight-fitting gowns, eccentric styles along with classic ones, diverse colors and shades. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and wishes. But some basic trends for the wedding attire can be still distinguished.
· Wedding dresses with trains are getting more and more popular. The bride wearing such dress looks very impressive. She draws public attention and adds splendor to the ceremony. But this dress is as much impressive as unpractical. The train of the dress won’t be snow-white after a short walk, it will prevent the bride from moving and it will be especially difficult for her to dance. Moreover, the guests may step on the train all the time because of its length. So before you buy the dress of such style, you should think about these disadvantages and find out the way to avoid them.
· In spite of the great amount of unusual and bright gowns, classic wedding dresses are still in the limelight. Many brides prefer to choose simple and elegant wedding dresses of white color these days. White has been a traditional wedding color for a long time. It symbolizes purity and innocence but at the same time this color is very ceremonial. In principle, white is the safest variant. It suits almost everyone, and it is much easier to choose accessories and jewelry for the white dress. One more advantage of the white color is that it doesn’t accentuate drawbacks of the figure, so any bride, either slim or not, or even expectant mother will look wonderful.
· Another distinctive trend of the wedding fashion now is a dress with multilayer skirt of diverse fabrics and textures. It combines completely different cloths: satin, silk, taffeta, organza. Such dress looks very ceremonial and impressive due to the variety of drapery. Combination of different textures and fabrics makes this dress very original and adds individuality to the bride’s image.
· Color elements and ornaments on the wedding dress are also very popular. They set the style of the accessories and the whole image. The dress can be decorated with flowers, embroidery, glass beads, sequins etc. Read the rest of this entry »
What one wears does not always define what he is. However, we just can’t help it when people make their own assumptions and judgment about us based only on the clothes we wear. Some of us do not care what we put on every time we leave our house, as long as it’s decent. The rest of us, though, go to great pains just to make sure we wear the trendiest clothes. And it is the latter that makes fashion photography an essential discipline in terms of making a clothing line sell.
If you’re looking to become a fashion model and get to strut the coolest stuff on the runway, here are some of the general qualities you need to have to break into the modeling world:
Confidence and good aura – Some may not agree that this should be on top of the list. But even if you have a face that can launch a thousand, well, magazines, if you don’t have confidence, you may not be able to make a consumer reach into his pocket and buy the clothes you’re promoting. If you’re modeling for a makeup brand, you need to be able to project a certain aura that will make the product sell. Couple this with the right facial expression and you’ll have cash registers going ‘cha-ching’ for the brand you’re endorsing.
Near-perfect skin – Well, nobody’s perfect, so being near-perfect is more realistic (and achievable). As a model, you need to have flawless skin that will look good no matter from what angle a fashion photographer takes pictures of you. You need to take care of your skin by getting into a proper diet, getting adequate sleep, and leading a healthy lifestyle.
Great body – And by this we don’t necessarily mean being thin or slim. Having a picture- (and runway) perfect body means having all the right things in the right places. Some modeling agencies require a minimum height, while others are more lax in terms of height and weight, as long as the overall package can sell the clothes, accessories or makeup being promoted. Be sure to choose a modeling agency that’s looking for the dimensions your body possesses. You may need to work out to get that body you’re aiming for. Read the rest of this entry »
Retro Fashion is back and how! This is an age where we see the return of the retro fashion era. Gone are the days of modern clothes and accessories because according to the fashion gurus, the buzz is that Vintage is the “in” thing in the fashion circuit. With the “old is new” setting in people are busy giving their wardrobes a retro make-over.
Vintage fashion is the fashion that people used to follow in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Everything about that age was big and bright and way over-the-top. In-order to go for the hard-core retro look you first need to choose a particular era because each era had a distinct fashion. You can even go for the all-in-one retro look by picking prominent fashions from each period and combining them to get a revolutionary look.
You can also create your own fashion trends by mixing and matching fashion pieces from the past and the present. This will give a personalized image to your fashion sense. You can even choose to include the one item which stood out in every era into your closet because this will prevent you from overdoing it.
Some of the famous style-statements from the past are listed below:
- Tweed Jacket from the 1950s.
- Polyester-leisure suit from the very famous disco numbers.
- Psychedelic patterns or hippie designs.
- Butterfly-collared button down shirts.
- Bell-bottom polyester pants fitted at the waist.
- Unisex platform shoes.
- Peasant skirts
- Grunge clothing or rock-star fashion
- Tuxedos from the 70s
- Bold flapper dresses.
- Elaborate hairstyles
- Winged eyeliners very bold
- Heavy-duty accessories.
The retro fashion was larger than life. It is cyclic hence it keeps coming back. Retro fashion is a great way of paying homage to the memories, incidents, or people of the past. It is almost safe to say that according to the fashion blog retro is the new modern. Read the rest of this entry »